Recovery Place offers a variety of comprehensive substance abuse treatment options for those in need of services to address drug addiction, alcohol misuse, process addictions, and co-occurring mental health disorders.
All of Recovery Place’s Assesment, Intensive Outpatient, Outpatient, Professional’s, Individual and Family Counseling Services are now available virtually. These are insurance-eligible and designed to replicate our face-to-face client care. By using your smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer or any device with an internet connection and camera, you can participate from the convenience of your home.
Substance Abuse Treatment
We utilize a wide range of services and programs to help you make the changes you want, including group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, trauma-informed services, experiential psychotherapy, relapse prevention, spirituality, Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), medication management, aftercare, and 12-step recovery programs.
All of our medical and clinical professionals are here for you through the recovery process, however long it may take. Our medical and mental health services are designed for your specific needs to ensure that the addiction recovery process is as smooth as possible. Our therapeutic interventions include psycho-education, individual counseling, group therapy, and meditation.
We offer a variety of treatment options, including detoxification services, short-term residential, dual diagnosis treatment, relapse prevention, long-term residential, and outpatient programs. Our counselors will help you sort out the problems you’re having and find the help you need.
The first step is to meet with a counselor for an assessment. The counselor will discuss the problems you are having and ask you questions related to the nature of your problems. They will evaluate your physical, psychological, and emotional health. Your assessment will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Depending on the problems you are facing, we have clinical staff who will complete any one of a variety of assessments. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment
- SAP assessment
- Probation assessment
- DUI clinical evaluation
- Family violence assessment
- Anger management assessment
- Substance use disorder assessment
- Suicide risk assessment
If treatment is advised, we will assist you with admission to one of our programs or recommend other recovery assistance options.
Acute Detoxification Programs
For someone with an addiction, withdrawal can be medically dangerous and difficult. Detoxification services are the medical management of the physical withdrawal process from alcohol and/or other drugs in a residential or outpatient program. It is indicated when the individual experiences physiological dysfunction during withdrawal but life or significant bodily functions are not threatened.
The first step is for an assessment to be completed by our Intake Coordinator to determine the severity of the individual’s withdrawal symptoms and level of support needed during the detoxification process. This assessment will be reviewed with medical personnel to determine whether the individual will be admitted to a residential or outpatient setting based upon the amount of nursing and physician supervision necessary during the withdrawal process.
Recovery Place’s treatment philosophy is to develop a Plan of Care which provides services in the least restrictive, most empowering setting. This is an essential consideration for each individual’s plan of care. A person who needs detoxification can be admitted to our residential treatment program, with round-the-clock medical supervision or may only require partial hospitalization or day treatment. This empowers individuals by fostering independence. The average length of stay for residential detoxification is five to fourteen days. In addition to medical monitoring, clients will receive group counseling, psycho-education, individual counseling, and case management services.
Residential detoxification services in Savannah, GA are available to those needing 24-hour support. All clients will be assigned a primary therapist as well as a case manager to assist in linking them with continuing treatment, transportation, and other social services. Case managers will also facilitate their entry into a sober support network such as AA, NA or CA.
28-Day Residential Programs
Recovery Place offers a Level Three Residential Program for those in need of an intensive, structured, short-term residential program. Level Three is located in the beautiful historic district of Savannah. Residents live in a condominium downtown that is in close proximity to treatment services and 12-step support meetings. The length of the program is approximately 28 days with transitional services available based upon the client’s needs.
While in Level Three services, the client is able to focus solely on healing and begin the recovery process. Transportation and meals are provided for clients and all daily living needs are met while in the program.
Intensive Outpatient Rehabilitation
Recovery Place offers an intensive outpatient (IOP) rehabilitation program that allows clients to receive intense recovery therapies that are designed around their everyday lives.
What Is Intensive Outpatient Rehabilitation?
Our IOP program is geared towards those who may not be in need of a medically-supervised detox. We provide crisis stabilization, education, individual counseling, and group therapy. This service is offered in a safe, therapeutic environment that allows clients the opportunity to move through a continuum of services at different levels of care.
What Recovery Place Offers for Outpatient Rehabilitation
Treatment in the intensive outpatient program includes the following:
- Monday through Friday programs during morning, day, or evening hours
- Individualized treatment plans provided with the assistance of a counselor and developed based upon the needs, strengths, and preferences of our clients
- A focus on the substance use disorder of the individual, as well as the interlocking system of feelings, behaviors, and interactions with others
- Educational sessions that teach clients about addiction, the disease process, and the effects of disease on their lives
- Group therapy and individual sessions that offer the necessary support for individuals to identify obstacles to sobriety
- Trauma-informed services
- Medical services on-site for detoxification and co-occurring disorders
- Family support groups that meet weekly
- An ongoing support system of peers, individual counseling, medical personnel, family, friends, and 12-step groups.
Clients complete the program when they are able to meet the treatment goals specified in their individualized treatment plans. Aftercare services are offered for a period of one year at no cost.
Level One Outpatient Program
Our clients’ needs vary greatly, and we’re committed to offering a personalized approach to care that is appropriate for the circumstances of each individual we treat. The first step to starting substance abuse rehabilitation is the assignment of a proper level of care, and our outpatient programs facilitate the dynamic needs of each client as they make progress in their treatment.
Level One Outpatient Rehab
This part-time, outpatient program is designed to help our clients transition into or out of a more intensive rehabilitation plan. Level One consists of regularly scheduled, in-person meetings in which individuals work with licensed and certified professionals who provide evaluations and treatment for those entering rehab and recovery follow-up services for those concluding a program at Recovery Place.
The Benefits of This Program
We understand how daunting the idea of entering a rehabilitation program can be, and Level One allows you or your loved one to experience a comfortable, gradual shift into treatment so that you feel more confident in your decision and better equipped for success. Other benefits include:
- Comprehensive evaluation for effective treatment options
- Support for behavioral and mental changes
- Personalized care one to three times per week
- No residency requirement
- Continued care during the recovery phase
The Family Program
The Family Program addresses the needs of people that have a loved one struggling with addiction.
The Family Program offers the following:
- A safe, therapeutic environment that gives participants the opportunity to address issues of codependency, boundaries, roles, communication, and the dynamics of addiction.
- An 8-week program that includes a choice of educational lectures and one therapy group per week.
- Individual sessions with a counselor if needed.
- Connection to community groups such as Al-Anon and CODA (Codependency Anonymous).
Appropriate referrals for continuing counseling may also be made.
Survivor’s Workshop Therapy Program
The Survivor’s Workshop is designed to assist clients in recognizing and understanding “core issues” that are often barriers to recovery. These issues often involve childhood trauma and abuse and can be a hidden source of relapse. Once these issues are confronted, the healing process can begin as the client recognizes and experiences the intense emotions associated with childhood trauma.
The Survivor’s Workshop consists of three phases:
- The Educational Phase teaches clients about the nature of their boundary system and how boundary violations affect their growth from childhood to adulthood.
- The Experiential Phase allows the client to revisit the abusive “less than” experiences and process those feeling that are uncovered. This is with the guidance of an individual counselor.
- The Shame to Grace Phase focuses on a personal recovery plan and identifies ways to continue building a successful recovery program.
The Survivor’s Workshop also focuses on family of origin issues such as codependency, the nature of abuse, parenting styles, post inductions therapy, and personal recovery.
Professional Resource Program
The Professional Resource Program provides individuals in safety-sensitive positions with advocacy, primary treatment, and extended monitoring. Professionals include pilots, pharmacists, nurses, doctors, veterinarians, and dentists.
Features of this program are as follows:
- Intensive treatment and monitoring are included for one year.
- Advocacy is provided to appropriate state licensure boards.
- Recovery is monitored for five years in a structured environment while accountability to various boards is accomplished.
- Families and significant others are included in the treatment plan.
- Consideration for approaching specified boards or reinstatement of license will be considered only after one year of continuous abstinence and fulfillment of program requirements.
Individual & Family Counseling
Recovery Place, Inc. would like to share with you some of the services we offer at the Counseling Center. We work with the Child and Adolescent population in our community. Our goal is to strengthen our relationships in the community to better serve this targeted population that is often times overlooked and underfunded. Recovery Place offers a flexible continuum of care that is specialized to meet individual needs. By using education, group therapy, individual therapy, trauma treatment, psychiatric services, and family training, we assist the individual in recognizing the underlying issues that drive their behavior and the understanding of how to stop unwanted consequences.
We also work with adults, couples, and families. Our goal is to provide individualized services that address issues across a lifespan from eating disorders, substance use disorders, depression, anxiety, OCD, stress management, gambling, anger management, trauma, marital issues, family conflict, relapse prevention, unresolved grief, and other co-occurring disorders.
Our staff includes our medical director, a Board-Certified Fellow in Psychiatry, Licensed Professional Counselors, Certified Addiction Counselors, a Master Addiction Counselor, and other master level therapists. Treatment at Recovery Place is affordable. We will not allow finances to be a barrier. Most insurance plans cover the cost for services. Our Business Office staff will help with financial arrangements for any cost not covered by insurance. If a family does not have insurance, we will work with them on a scale that they can afford.
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Psychiatric Services
- Child and Adolescent Individual Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Anger Management Group Counseling
- Substance Abuse Group Counseling
- Therapeutic Teens and Pre-Teens Group Counseling
- Family Training
Recovery Place Community Services
RP Community Services is a state-contracted substance abuse treatment facility treating individuals with a substance abuse disorder as well as those with co-occurring disorders. We offer ASAM outpatient levels of care including Level I, Level II.1, and Level II.5. Our services are offered Monday through Friday, morning and evening hours. We focus heavily on social interaction skills and skill building exercises.
RPCS offers the following:
- A safe therapeutic environment
- Group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Dual diagnosis counseling
- Medication management educational sessions
- Educational lectures
- Community support services
- Linkage to community resources
- Daily task sessions
- Weekly monitoring
- Anger management counseling
- Continuing care services after successful completion of the program
- HIV early intervention services, including free HIV testing
- Hep C testing and intervention services
The purpose of this program is to provide gender-specific substance abuse treatment and remove barriers for pregnant women and women with dependent children who suffer from addiction to drugs and / or alcohol.
Features of the Women’s Residential Program include the following:
- An individualized treatment plan, developed with a Master’s prepared therapist, is designed to help women become abstinent from drugs and/or alcohol and improve their quality of life. This plan addresses each woman’s substance abuse within the context of her health and her relationships with her family, children, and the community at large. Other biopsychosocial issues are addressed such as trauma and spirituality.
- An onsite case manager collaborates and communicates with referral agencies, like DFACs, throughout the treatment process. This includes coordinating all services that may include housing, employment, and medical care for women and children.
- A Therapeutic Child Care Program provides a holistic, nurturing environment for children by addressing their physical, mental, emotional, and social development. While this is not day care, the child care program assesses infants and children up to age 10 within 30 days of the program and offers therapy a minimum of 4 days per week.
- A Nurturing Program model is utilized in parenting sessions that teaches nurturing skills to parents and children while reinforcing positive family values.
Eligibility for the Women’s Residential program is as follows:
- Detoxification and inpatient needs must be met before admission to the program.
- Women should be medically safe to treat on an outpatient/residential basis.
- Substance abuse is a real barrier to employability.
- There should be no cognitive impairments or chronic mental illness that would prevent an individual from participating and benefiting from the program.
Men’s Residential Services
At Recovery Place, we offer transitional housing for men with substance abuse issues. In most instances, men begin living at Men’s Residential while in an intensive outpatient treatment program approved by Recovery Place, Inc. There are instances where men will have completed another outpatient program prior to living in this recovery community. This structured environment enables men to focus more on their recovery with the assistance of case management.
The Men’s Residential Program focuses on Life Skills training, relapse prevention, employment, 12-step/community support program facilitation, anger management, as well as a support system of peers from a diverse background to help people maintain sobriety.
With apartment-style living for up to 70 men, residents of the program have convenient access to medical and dental services, the Employment and Training Center to learn new job skills, and a myriad of resources for shopping, groceries, and physical and spiritual development.
The objective of the Men’s Residential Program is to provide support of our clients through a structured, safe residential community during their first year of recovery and to improve significantly the quality of life for those who complete treatment. Successful graduates of the program have their sobriety back, gainful employment, stable housing, and the necessary skills to maintain healthy relationships with their co-workers, friends, and families.